It’s Fri-Yay, my friends! And that brings us to a day many of us have been waiting for….. the winners of the Freckled Fawn Embellishment Kits are, da da da da da DAAA: Cynthia J., Marika S., Michele K. S. and Janet F.! Congratulations ladies! Winners have been emailed and must respond by Sunday, May 29th, 2016 at 11:59pm or new winners will be chosen. Please be sure to check your spam and junk folders, unfortunately sometimes worthy emails end up there. You can view the original giveaway post here where you will see the updated Rafflecopter widget where the winners were randomly chosen and posted. Thanks to all for playing along. I love a little giveaway, and I have more up my sleeve… keep your eye out!
Now, on to today’s Creative Bliss. Aren’t these just the sweetest little shaker cards?! The adorable unicorn and pegasus stamp set are a part of Magical Friends by The Greeting Farm. With little girls around this house, I knew as soon as I saw them that I must have them. Follow along for a little play by play of how they were completed.
- The Greeting Farm Magical Friends Clear Stamp Set
- The Greeting Farm Say Bday clear Stamp Set
- My Favorite Things Stitched Cloud Edges Dies
- My Favorite Things Pierced Rectangle Frame Dies
- My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frame Dies
- The Ton Silver Glitter Adhesive Paper
- Inkadinkado Masking Paper
- 110# Neenah Solar White Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- Copic Friendly Black Ink
- Misti Precision Stamping Tool (optional)
- Distress Mini Inks in Spun Sugar & Tumbled Glass
- Mini Ink Blender / Refills
- Copic Markers in B05, B28, B79, RV21, RV04, RV66, 0, 110, C1, C0
- Pretty pink Posh Sunshine Glow Sequins
- Queen & Company Clear Diamonds
- Martha Stewart Cotton Candy Star Glitter
- Gold Wink of Luna
- Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Marker
- 3M Foam Tape
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte Adhesive
- Plus Tape Adhesive
- Begin by stamping images in a Copic friendly black ink. I like to use a Misti tool so that I can stamp the image 2x for a crisp, dark black. Color images with Copic markers, Gold Wink of Luna and Clear Sparkle Pen. Fussy cut or use Brother Scan N Cut 2 for ease.
- Die cut Stitched Cloud Edges from masking paper, any lightly self-adhesive paper or regular paper (just be super-duper careful when ink blending with regular paper!)
- Die cut largest Scallop Frame from Silver Glitter Adhesive Paper.
- Die cut largest Pierced Rectangle Frame from black card stock.
- Trim acetate to same outside dimension as the black frame in step 4.
- Trim white cardstock to 4.25″ x 5.5.” Place one masking cloud and ink blend gently with Distress Inks over the top edge. I chose to place masks at the top and work down. Complete ink blended clouds on the full cardstock. Stamp greeting sentiment.
- Trim white cardstock to 5.5″ x 8.5,” score and fold to create side folding base. Stamp interior sentiment.
- Adhere glitter die cut frame to black die cut frame.
- Use Multi Medium Matte liquid glue to adhere acetate to back of black die cut.
- Double up foam tape and then adhere to back of acetate around edges, being careful to conceal it behind black frame. Dust inside edges ONLY with powder or corn starch to reduce adhesion of shaker contents to sides. Wipe down acetate to remove any excess powder.
- Use Plus tape runner to adhere cloud panel to card base.
- Place shaker contents onto cloud panel, being careful to steer clear of edges where foam tape will adhere.
- Adhere foam tape panel to base.
- Adhere your fussy cut stamped image.
- Shake, shake, shake and enjoy!