This month’s add-ons from Hero Arts are just amazing. I cannot seem to tuck them away. It’s much like the lyrics from the song A Million Dreams of The Greatest Showman movie (See/Hear it! So good and we are not a “musical” type family!),
“Cause every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake…”
And they do! I could do this, and I could do that and on and on.
- I created the background by placing a drip of alcohol ink and a drip of rubbing alcohol on a full 9″x12″ sheet of Heavy Yupo paper. You can use a slightly larger than A2 size, if you prefer. Then I blew the ink/alcohol with the air compressor I use with my Copic markers for airbrushing. A can of air, camera lens puffer, a drinking straw or even just blowing with your mouth would work just as well. Continue adding drops to fill the background. They can touch wet, dry, overlap or not at all. Let the little kid in you come out and play! When you are happy with it, set it aside to dry.
- Stamp You Are So Lovely on white cardstock in black ink and fussy cut. This image is designed to fit perfectly in the center of the Window On Love Confetti die, but it stands alone too!
- If using 9″x12″ Yupo, trim it down in quarters. Then secure the Window On Love Confetti die cut in place over the Yupo with washi or micropore tape. With a palette knife spread a thin layer of Tonic Studios Glimmer Paste in Moonstone over the entire background with exception of the center larger heart. Allow to dry and watch as the color of alcohol ink shifts behind the paste. The reaction of the two causes a brightening, or did in my case.
- Once thoroughly dry, trim slightly smaller than A2 and adhere to a black cardstock mat.
- Use dimensional adhesive to pop Lovely heart in center.
- Adhere to folded A2 card base and you have yourself a card that can be customized with sentiments on the inside. I love all occasion cards to personalize as they are needed!
I’ll always do my best to link you to shops with products in stock. As you know, inventory levels are always fluctuating and therefor may not be available. Please use the retailer notification buttons to let them know you want more!
New Release News
Concord and 9th is out with their latest monthly release and it is charming, you guys! There are monograms for each letter of the alphabet! I am seriously considering picking up the complete set! They are so sweet and I can only imagine the sets of cards I could gift friends and teachers – much less how many I could use for myself and my girls. There is one coordinating die set that goes with all of the monograms. My gosh, they have another amazing Turnabout stamp too, hearts! Ah, I am in love indeed!
Aside from drying time, this is another quick and simple card. I hope you’ve enjoyed it and that maybe, just maybe, I’ve inspired you to get creative!