Welcome to another stop on the Hero Arts Summer Catalog Hop! The new catalog is jam packed full of fun and new products, several with a southwest flair. The catalog is available to view online or for purchase as a printed copy.
Something exciting to the line up is the addition of a few previously wood mounted stamps now also in clear! Yay! I love the wood mount, but some folks don’t, and that’s okay. Let me introduce you to the new Hero Florals line in clear photopolymer!
Color Layering is such a fun technique! It is a great way to achieve depth and dimension without really having to know how to color in those details for yourself. Of course, you can always add your personal touches to add an additional level of richness, but stamping just as they are designed is gorgeous too. Theses Lilys are very easy to align and that is always a plus!
Tip: Allow each layer of color to fully dry. Applying ink wet on wet allows the detailed fine lines to blur. Keep image crisp and clear, by fully drying each color, for best results.
- Lightly blend Soft Sky Shadow Ink over Spiral Stencil onto 4 ¼” x 5 ½” Smooth Bristol cardstock with blending brush or sponge. Extend color beyond where Lilies will be adhered. Hold stencil securely or tape in place with a light tack tape.
- Stamp background layer of Lily in Dandelion Bold Ink for 3 flower images. Let dry.
- Stamp second layer of Lily in Tangerine Bold Ink, aligning carefully. Let dry.
- Stamp third layer of Lily in Crimson Bold Ink, aligning carefully. Let dry.
- Color over two complete Lily images with a Y35 Copic marker to recess images slightly.
- Define shadow areas of remaining Lily with Permanent Carmine Polychromo colored pencil.
- White heat emboss sentiment on scrap of black cardstock. Cut into banner shape on right.
- Adhere Copic-ed Lilies flat to card panel and trim any petals that extend beyond panel.
- Add dimensional adhesive to back of pencil shaded Lily and adhere in place.
- Add dimensional adhesive to back of sentiment and adhere in place.
- Adhere completed card panel to Snow Folded Card Base.
- Stamp interior sentiment of choice.
Giveaway: 2 $50 shopping sprees to the Hero Arts online store, randomly drawn from comments left across all blogs in the hop. Comment on blogs by 11:59pst on Sunday, May 20, 2018.
Thank you so much for hopping along today. May the inspiration overflow within you!
The Hero Arts Blog
Janette Kausen <— You Are Here
May Sukyong Park
I’ll always do my best to link you to shops with products in stock. As you know, inventory levels are always fluctuating and therefore may not be available. Please use the retailer notification buttons to let them know you want more!