Hello there, creatives! Today, it is my honor to be celebrating alongside Altenew and friends for their 5th Anniversary Blog Hop. If you’re just joining us and would like to start from the top you may do so at the Altenew Card blog.
And if I’m lucky enough to hang on to you for a few, I’ve got a fun, quick and easy, project to share with you, but first…
Today’s hop is just one of 4 days dedicated to celebrate one of my favorite companies, Altenew. Their design is chic, heavily floral, and oh so trendy. In addition to the many designers creating with Altenew throughout the celebration, several companies have come together in support and are providing giveaways ! YAAAS!
Rainbow anyone? Begin creating this card by aligning Flowing Drops stencil over an A2 white cardstock panel and securing with light tack tape, like washi. Lay chosen Altenew Artist Alcohol Markers out in rainbow order. With each color, trace along the edge of a droplet or two. Continue through the rainbow to complete the design. Reposition stencil as needed and add a few more droplets in a pale gray for interest.
Carefully remove stencil. Paint the interior of each droplet with Extreme Glitter for a fun effect. Stamp Wishing You sentiment in Jet Black Stazon ink for a crisp, non-smearing impression over the paint. White heat emboss small sentiment on black and pop with dimensional adhesive on card panel. Add a few matte enamel dots for additional detail. Finish by adhering panel to A2 folded card base.
Altenew Artist Marker Color Selection:
R304, R206, R318, Y608, Y514, Y205, G915, G825, B016, B204, R926, R823, R705, WG01
The card I created today was inspired from the Magical Marker Techniques class I recently took over at the Altenew Academy. I particularly enjoyed learning the technique about working with stencils and markers. Pairing the two had not even crossed my mind! I love that about taking classes, no matter one’s experience level, something is likely to be presented in such a way to spark an idea, a project… creativity!
You can find out more about this class and many more at the Altenew Academy.
Giveaway: Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 5 lucky winners and one Altenew Academy class to 10 lucky winners. There are also 14 awesome companies/crafty friends who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
- Altenew: 5 $50 Altenew Gift Certificates
- Altenew Academy: 10 Class Spots
- Jennifer McGuire Ink: 2 $100 Altenew Gift Certificates
- My Sweet Petunia: 1 Prize Bundle(Original MISTI, a set of Creative Corners, a Cut-Align and a bar magnet)
- Pretty Pink Posh: 2 $50 Gift Certificates
- Simon Says Stamp: $50 Gift Certificate
- Scrapbook.com: $50 Gift Certificate
- Ellen Hutson LLC: $30 Gift Certificate
- Blitsy: $30 Gift Certificate
- Online Card Classes: 3 Class Spots
- Butterfly Reflections Ink: $25 Gift Certificate
- Seven Hills Crafts: £25 Gift Certificate
- Chameleon Art Products: 1 Pack of 5 Chameleon Pens
- Scrapbook & Cards Today: 1 Copy of Scrapbook & Cards Today Spring 2019 Issue
- WOW! Embossing Powder: $20 Gift Certificate
- Simply Cards & Papercraft: 1 Copy of Simply Cards & Papercraft Spring 2019 Issue
Thank you so much for hopping along today. Carry on!
I’ll always do my best to link you to shops with products in stock. As you know, inventory levels are always fluctuating and therefore may not be available. Please use the retailer notification buttons to let them know you want more!